Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Gabe and I purchased an old RV a few months ago and have spent time fixing it up in hopes of taking it to the Grand Canyon for Memorial Day weekend.

We got it back last Friday and thought it would be a good idea to do a test run before the long trip. So we made a last minute decision to head to nearby Patagonia Lake for a night. I wanted to be there by 2 o'clock but I was packing things for the family and the RV alone so Gabe could get some school work done. We didn't make it there until about 5ish which is ok because we'll be going back again many times this summer.

We got everything hooked up and made dinner on the stove. We brought along ALL three of the dogs, so after dinner, the "family circus" as I like to call it, went on a walk around the campground. Sleeping arrangements are weird in the RV because the owners had put shelving on the bunk above the front seats making it into a twin size bed. There are four twin beds in there so Gabe and I made do and squeezed into the tiny bed (at least we got to cuddle all night). :)

Sunday morning, after breakfast, we heading to the marina and bought the kids some fishing poles and after unsuccessfully catching nothing and sweating in the sun, we decided to hit the beach before coming home. I didn't even realize it was Mother's Day until a stranger wished me a happy mother's day (Thanks Gabe for remembering)!! Just kidding hun... sort of. :)

I, of course forgot my camera, so pictures are pretty much non existent. :( I did grab a couple with the Ipad while we ate some ice cream before leaving and on the drive home.

My handsome men.

Alena wanted a pic with her bunny.

so sweet!

Thank you Gabe for photobombing my pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!