Wednesday, September 26, 2012

12 Week Belly Bump

Woohoo! Second trimester, here I come! And talk about rounding out this week... wow, I'm finally looking more pregnant (well Gabe and I think so) and not like I just got done having Thanksgiving dinner! We met with my midwife for the first time and I am excited about her (post on her later).

Here's a picture I took last night. Granted, it was shortly after eating, but I can't hide this bump anymore. :)
No denying there's a baby in there now!
Note: I have a poll on the right side. Just something fun to see what everyone thinks I'm having. :)


How far along - 12 weeks

Weight gain - 1 lb so far. I haven't been trying to gain weight but as much as I eat, I thought I would be gaining.

Morning sickness/nausea - Smells are still a big part of what makes me feel sick. I always feel sick when I need to eat. For the most part though, I feel great.

Pain - My lower back pain comes and goes. It usually starts in the morning and then gradually gets worse throughout the day. Also some stretching and cramping in my belly. And TMI, I have been having some bad gas pains. They seriously feel like contractions.

Sleep - Sleep has been hard. I can't get comfortable and stay that way. I usually wake up almost every day around 4am having to pee. I usually get 9 hours or more of sleep a night but still feel tired the next day.

Stretchmarks - Nope.

Maternity clothes - All in maternity bottoms now. Still not in maternity shirts.If the weather ever gets below 80, I would wear my fall maternity shirts.

Food cravings/aversions - No aversions except when smelling food that just doesn't agree with me. If I'm craving something, it's best if I eat it. I was craving tomato soup for a week and went through lots of it.

Eating/drinking - I eat ALL. THE. TIME. I have to eat a smaaall meal every two hours or I start to feel sick. It's sad how little I can eat now in one sitting. I had a bowl of tomato soup the other day and felt like my stomach was going to explode from being so full. I am also very thirsty and have to have water by me at all times.

Boy or Girl - We're not finding out this time! But (not so secretly) I think it's a girl.

Lowlights of the week - back pains, being tired all the time

Highlights of the week - We got to have our last ultrasound of the pregnancy (midwife doesn't do them) and Gabe got to go with and see. It grew SO MUCH!

Anything to add - I'm getting so anxious about feeling the baby move. It is just around the corner and could be anytime now!

11 Weeks

11 Weeks

11 Weeks

LOVE it!
Our last ultrasound pictures.


12 Weeks


12 Weeks



That belly button won't stay in much longer!

14 comments:

  1. Cute bump! Found you on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the little one!! Thank you for joining us this week for the Southern Mama's Blog Hop! I am looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute pregnancy belly!! I have a sleeping pillow you can borrow if you'd like. It might help. With how big I got with the girls I had a hard time sleeping the whole pregnancy but when I tried to sleep without the pillow it was impossible, it got to the point that laying down was painful without the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so good! only one pound is amazing :)


    www.studnentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! soooo happy I'm jealous! awwww how exciting! a baby belly! awww sooo cute! now everyone's gonna wanna touch ur belly!! New follower from the Mommy-Brain Mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new one on the way. I am now your newest follower from the weekend hop.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking great. I'm your newest follower from the weekend hop.
    Erica
    www.ericastartwalking.com
    come stop by? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shary, I'm sorry! I don't know what happened I was moving the screen on my iPad and it deleted your comment!

      Delete
  9. Cute Blog you have! Congrats on the new little one! Found you via the Sunday Social on Two in Diapers! Hope you'll take a minute to come check out my blog and follow along! New follower here :)

    lifewithasideoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new little one! I have a 3 year old, and almost 31wks pregnant with #2. Found you on the Sunday Social.

    musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! You look great! Stopping by from the Sunday Social! I'm having a Mommy Moments link up party on Monday and would love to have you link up with us:)

    http://the-life-of-faith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute baby bump!
    i'm about to become a mom as well... in just a couple of weeks, actually :P

    hope we can share the experience - i love that internet allows us to become such an amazing community of people going through the same thing! come visit me too sometime - i'd love that!

    anyway, i'm your newest follower. have a great weekend!

    it must be (so)... liberating

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww... congrats! Following now from the Weekend Blog Walk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!