Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pumpkin Goodness

Way back in the beginning of summer I posted this Pumpkin Cookie recipe. Since pumpkin season is now in full swing, I wanted to bring back the recipe again to share with you. I just made these for our church and received many compliments (great ego booster!).

These can be made Gluten Free too just by substituting regular flour with GF all purpose flour. I left off the frosting when I made them for church and they were still extremely delicious!

PS - They are neighborhood kid tested and approved! The kids loved them so much that they were begging for more!


mmm!

Here we go...

Pumpkin Cookies

1C shortening (I didn't have any so I used butter. Also, if you add some extra butter they turn out super soft)
1C sugar
1 egg
1C pumpkin
1tsp vanilla
2C flour (I used a gluten free flour)
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp baking soda
pinch of salt (pretty sure I skipped the salt)

I added a small amount of nutmeg and cloves even though the ingredients don't call for them.

Directions:
Cream shortening or butter and add sugar and eggs; beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool then add frosting. Makes 25-30 cookies. (side note: I thought they would flatten/smooth out while baking but they didn't. How you plop them on the baking sheet is how they'll bake. Hence, my lopsided looking cookies.)


Frosting

1Tbs butter
2Tbs milk
1/4C brown sugar
powdered sugar
vanilla to taste (I probably added 2Tbs)

Directions:
Melt together butter, milk, and brown sugar. (I microwaved for 15seconds at a time until brown sugar was dissolved.) Add in vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. (I felt like I was adding a TON of powdered sugar).

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!