Thursday, January 31, 2013

30 Week Belly Bump

How can we be so close to being done already?!

How far along - 30 weeks

Weight gain - 11 lbs! My belly also grew 4 weeks worth in just the last two weeks! My midwife was shocked when she went to measure my growth but yay baby! Last time I was measuring two weeks behind and this time I was exactly where I should be!

Morning sickness/nausea - Not at all.

Movement - I get random periods of movement throughout the day but I can ALWAYS count on a dance party in my tummy from around 6-9 pm! It is almost non-stop! There are jabs, pokes, kicks, and those very strong rolls that move my entire tummy.

Contractions - Some Braxton Hicks here and there. Nothing we're worried about though.

Pain -  My back pain still comes and goes. Gabe will crack my back between my shoulder blades and that helps a lot. He will not however, touch my lower back. It's hard because I can't lay on my tummy for him to crack it so we leave that up to the chiropractor and his special maternity table to fix.

Sleep - Sleep is good when I finally get comfortable. It's getting difficult to roll over and find a good comfortable position.

Stretchmarks - No. Thank God!

Maternity clothes - Yes, yes, and yes!

Food cravings/aversions -  I get cravings but rarely act on it because that would involve going out to eat and we just cannot spend all that money. Not really any specific aversions.

Eating/drinking - I can't eat huge meals because I get full very quickly.I am also trying to make a conscious effort to eat and snack often throughout the day for the weight gain and baby growth. Apparently it's been working with all the growing I did the past couple of weeks!

Boy or Girl - I've been predicting girl this whole time but there are moments where I have doubts.

Lowlights of the week - Obviously it is getting harder to sit comfortably like pre-pregnancy. I have to elongate my upper body or the baby will give me some hard jabs to remind me.

Highlights of the week - My  sister-in-law had her first baby last week and it has gotten me so excited to have my own here shortly! (Although,  I will be sad to see this pregnancy end.)

Anything to add - I'm in denial at how close the birth really is. The labor is always on my mind. Thinking about how it will go, if it will be fast, painful, how I will literally birth, etc. We have yet to buy a car seat for the little one and I always think we have a lot of time but when I think realistically, I get a mini panic attack at how close it is and how much I would still like to get done before he/she is here!

You can see the growth of my belly by the way my tank top is fitting. This is the first week it does not cover my belly!

29 weeks
29
30 weeks
30
 I'm thinking the positioning of the baby has a lot to do with the fact that I look bigger in my 29 week photos than in my 30 week. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!