Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Goals

Last month, I did my first monthly goals post. With November over and December here, I have the results from last month and my new goals for the current month.

For November...
Read 5 pages a day from a book - SUCCESS! I loved this goal. It was easier to do when broken down so simple. I actually exceeded the goal and read an entire book and then half of its sequel! I found the 2nd and 3rd volume of this series at our local library book store and grabbed them. I normally don't read a series out of order but had no problem doing so with these! She wrote them well enough that I never felt lost of confused.
{via}
Date night - We went out on Gabe's birthday but because we ended up delayed getting back from Tucson, we took Noah with us to the movies. He fell asleep part way through so... close enough.

Declutter master bedroom - I got out our winter things and have been slowly putting them away. The weather has been hovering between 65-70 so the winter clothes haven't been worn and put away. This is still a work in progress but I'd say it's 75% done.

Meal plan - I made some new meals this past month but I did not do weekly plans. :( However!!! I have signed up for a meal plan service through my favorite bargain site, mamabargains.com. At just $8, I signed up to get weekly meals plans (6 meals a week) through No More To Go, emailed to me for three months!

Blog twice a week - Another success. I found that the more I blog on a regular basis, the easier it is to come up with post ideas.



December goals

  1.  Finish decluttering master bedroom and start on office - I need to finish trading out winter clothes for summer and put the summer clothes into storage. Then I can start on cleaning up our office cuz the desk... it's a mess.
  2. Meal plan - I'm really excited to be starting with the meal plan service and will definitely be giving you an update and let you know how it goes! I hope we will love it as much as I think we will because they even give me a shopping list and that's one less thing to think about.
  3.  Budget for the new year - We need to get back on track with our spending and saving.
  4. Drink more water - I don't drink nearly enough water throughout the day. They say half your body weight in ounces, so around 50oz will be my daily intake goal.
  5. Do more structured play with the kids - This includes doing more crafts (instead of them making something up themselves), baking, cooking, and helping Christian out with writing.

I've got my work cut out for me. December will be a busy month but I think I can do this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!