Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vacation Part 7 - Final One!

Thursday was a lazy day. We sat around my mom's house watching TV and relaxing. At around 1130, I dropped Gabe and the kids off at my sister's house so Gabe could continue on his homework. I left them to go see a close friend who had just had a baby.

I got there around 1230 and we started talking. I got my baby fix by holding her tiny little one. I forgot how little they really are! Before I knew it, two hours had passed and it was time to go.

I left and went back to pick up the kids to head to a local splash park. Apparently, Christian had gotten in trouble while I was gone, so it was just Alena and I. We met Rhoda and her boys there. Unfortunately, Alena didn't want to play in the water so we didn't stay too long.

We were going to my aunt and uncle's house later that evening so we went back to my parent's for dinner before heading over. I've said before how I grew up Amish and my aunt and uncle are still Amish. We had a great time as usual. We sat, talking around the fire ring outside while the kids played. I love that they all get along because it makes it so much more enjoyable.

And I even took pictures to show you what a true Amish house, just in case you wanted to know. :)

This is just to the right of the door.

Looking in from the door. The kitchen and dining room.

The dining room. Hall to the left leads to the bathroom and living room.  The door at the right leads to the living and stairs.

The living room.

More of the living room.

The upstairs hallway.

Different view of the dining room and kitchen.

Isn't it great?! I love that the rooms are so big and open.

On Friday evening, we had my nephew's birthday party. He turned 10 years old!

Chocolate faced boy.

Happy Birthday!

The dogs looking for a handout.

And they got it.
Alena was feeling good and threw up a few times, so Saturday, we stayed at my parent's house. Sunday was pretty much the same thing. It was Justin's birthday so they came over and we grilled some chicken.

We really didn't want to leave, but sadly, we had too. :( Monday morning we got up super early again and headed to the airport. We had the same problems as last time with trying to get seated together. Luckily, the attendants were a little more willing to help out this time.

We would love to move back home and are trying to figure out a way to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!