Monday, August 20, 2012

This Dog...

So Flower is six months old now and acts JUST like a toddler. I feel like she's our third kid. You take your eyes off of her for a minute and she WILL be getting into something!

She seems to have a thing for paper. Whether it's tissues, scrap papers, books, toilet paper, anything of the paper variety. If it's left out in her reach, she will chew and destroy it.

Like this morning... The kids and I went to gymnastics while Gabe stayed home to do homework. We came home and Alena comes running from the bathroom screaming "You gotta come see this! The bathroom is destroyed! Toilet paper EVERYWHERE!".



Sure enough, Flower had gotten into the bathroom and unrolled and chewed through a brand new roll! Gabe assured me she was by him the whole time we were gone chewing on her bone. I swear this dog is secretly a ninja because she can be so quiet and sneaky. Hence why I say she's like a third child and toddler.

So not only do we keep our bedroom doors shut all day from her, we now have to keep the bathroom door shut too.

Has anyone else had a destructive dog? What did they do?

9 comments:

  1. I had (still have) one that has destructive tendencies...we started taking him to doggy daycare to get all that energy out that our walks weren't doing. He comes home exhausted every day and our house/his toys/my sanity are all in tact:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got a puppy 3 weeks ago. this summer I had 6 kids home. 6 kids played with that dog all daylight consecutive hours. my husband and I said what did the kids do all day without this dog? the dog has so much energy!!! more than 6 kids combined...when he chewed stuff he wasn't supposed to we removed the stuff...and we always keep the bathroom doors closed now. good luck!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Followed you back. :) My kids want to play with her, but she's bigger than they are and has a tendency to still be a little rough with them. We're trying to work on that though.

      Delete
  3. Excersise...I take mine on a 5 km walk three times a week. This summer due to health reasons I haven't been and they are going stir crazy! When I saw this pic I thought you had a toddler. Mine is in this stage and often someone forgets to close the bathroom door behind them which results in a similar pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need to take her on walks. Here in AZ, I just can't take her during the hot days and by the time evening rolls around, this pregnant momma is ready for bed!

      Delete
  4. Hi,thanks so much for linking up the Mommy Brain mixer! Oh noooo!! What a sight to come back home to!! ahaahhaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm immensely grateful that my dogs are not destructive (at least, not anymore). That said, I agree with the comment about lots of exercise, and make sure that the dog has tons of good chewing items, like Kongs filled with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has SO many toys! I rotate them to keep interest and she plays with them. Also, she goes through a bone or two a day!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!