Friday, February 10, 2012

Home Cooked Meals

So as of this Saturday, we are "celebrating" two weeks of eating nothing but home cooked meals! Heck yeah! It's a pretty big deal to us considering we used to eat out at least twice a week. As we finish this second week, I'm realizing that it's getting easier and easier to resist the temptation to eat out. YAY!

I'm not sure what made us change what we were doing. Money, health... Who knows but I'm not questioning it. :) It wasn't until the end of the first week that I realized how long it had been and I mentioned it to Gabe. I didn't have a meal plan at all, (I know I should have because I would've had a lot easier time coming up with dinner ideas!) so each afternoon I had to scour the fridge and freezer to see what we had that I could come up with.

Well, I have just about run out of ideas without having to start repeating meals from the past two weeks. Then it hit me last night as I was sitting at the computer wasting spending time on Pinterest. (Oh Pinterest... the best way to make yourself feel unaccomplished. ) I was pinning recipes and DUH! How did it never occur to me to actually put all those food pins to good use?!

So at some point today I'm hoping to get the recipes and my shopping list together. I'm excited to try the recipes because they all look so delicious!

Here's what's on the menu this coming week. I have linked them all in case you're interested in trying them out too. :) Oh, and they are or will all be Gluten Free since Gabe can't have any gluten.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Pork loin

Lemon Garlic Spaghetti


Hawaiian BBQ Chicken


Egg Brunch Casserole
We love breakfast for dinner!


Beef Taquitos

YUM, right?! Just doing the links for all that made me hungry and my mouth water. *drool* If I remember and motivated enough, I will review them and let everyone know how they all tasted. If you try any of them too, be sure to let me know how they all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!