Monday, February 6, 2012

Anyone Watch the Game?

I did! That was the first time in four years I was able to watch the Superbowl. Funny enough, the last one I watched was also the Giants vs Patriots match of 2008.

I'm a sucker for underdogs (maybe because pro sports in Ohio are usually the underdogs?) so I was rooting for the Giants. I thought the first three quarters of the game were quite boring. No big plays, turnovers, fumbles, or interceptions. Until the Giants intercepted the ball in the 4th quarter. I was pretty vocal and jumpy by that point in the game but when they got that ball back, I started to lose it. Hey, I only get to watch one game of the season so I've got a lot of pent up rooting and cheering in me!

I would like to thank Gabe for putting up with me the last few minutes of the game. Thanks hun! We got a sitter to watch the kids because if this is the only game I get to watch in a season, I want to be able to actually sit and WATCH it!

Halftime show... hmm, still don't know what to think about that. I'm not a Madonna fan and it did nothing to convince me I should be. She did keep it clean so I give her that much.

Commercials! I love Superbowl commercials. I had a few faves. The naked M&Ms, Doritos (both baby and dog one), and the Voice Promo (love Betty White!). Is it just me or did anyone else notice that half the commercials had half naked women in them?! I get the whole "sex sells" thing, but really?! I think they could come up with something a little better to try and sell their product.

So what did you guys think of the game, halftime show, and commercials?
Did you watch?
Did they live up to your expectations? Better? Worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!