Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Refrigerator Memories

This...


is our fridge. I took this picture at 5pm today. Here is our refrigerator in all its child drawn pictures, family photos, reminders, special quotes, and family calendar glory. And this is generally what it looks like at any given time.

I know many people probably cringe at the sight of such a chaotic fridge, but I don't. I love it. If you were to get up close to it, you could probably figure out our life pretty easily.

*You could see the many drawings and paintings from the kids and see that we are proud of them and the time they took to make those pictures.

*I have comic strips for a good laugh when I need one. And those yellow pieces of paper are quotes from a desktop calendar that I want to keep for a quick pick me up when I'm feeling down.

*There are photos all over the place. From my best friend's wedding, our kids, funny family photos from the mall photo booth, and other photos sent from family.

*Chore charts for the kids (which we are sadly horrible at consistently filling out).

*Notes for the babysitter, coupons, and business card magnets.

*My ever changing white board that I love writing reminders and notes on.

*And my favorite... the family calendar. Our whole schedule is on there and without it, we would not know what to do, where to go, and when to do it all! Haha Yes, we NEED it to know what's what in our life!

After almost two years of having this blog, I think I have finally got THE name for it! Can we get a WOOHOO! Apparently, that is because it has taken that long for me to realize our life is centered around the refrigerator. Weird? Maybe, but what you see on our fridge is us. You can't fake a fridge like that! Plus, added bonus... there's food in it! And we in this family, love food! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the name and the quote that goes with it. Our fridge looks similar to yours. family and friend photos, kids artwork, book-it minutes calendar and magnets from most of the states we have driven through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!