Monday, February 24, 2014

Busy Time Activity

Some days kids go looking for something to do or make and I know with mine, many times all they find is trouble. Enter Pinterest. Glorious Pinterest. I found a new activity that kept the kids busy for quite a while and didn't cause any fights. Win win!

You will only need a pan/dish, small bowl, medicine dropper, baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring.

This activity is pretty self explanatory. Vinegar and baking soda cause an explosion-like reaction that kids are fascinated with. And the fact that they can do it themselves made it even better! I put the vinegar in a bowl with some food coloring and the baking soda covering the bottom of a dish. I couldn't find medicine droppers and could see turkey basters ending up making a huge mess so we made do with straws and just held our fingers over the top, then releasing them to drop the vinegar.




Once all the baking soda was covered and wet, we poured the remaining vinegar in. The kids discovered you could "write" in the mixture. Fun!


 Cleanup was easy as all I had to do was pour it down the drain. And BONUS: Vinegar and baking soda are great for cleaning so I used a little to scrub the sink nice and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!