Thursday, August 8, 2013

WBW

Yesterday wrapped up World Breastfeeding Week and I'm so glad I got to "participate" this year. Last year I was just barely pregnant at the time. I posted this photo to Facebook and sent it in to one of my favorite blogs, Birth Without Fear. Well, to my surprise they posted it onto their Facebook page!!! I was beyond excited. Their FB page has 125,000 fans and growing! The response and comments I got from people on there was very encouraging and gave me even more confidence to keep doing what I'm doing.

Here is the photo and same caption that I wrote and submitted.


I had debated and debated about whether or not to post these photos because it might offend someone. But then I thought "This is ridiculous. Breastfeeding is our God given way of feeding babies and there is NOTHING wrong with that. If I were in a swim suit, I would be showing more skin and for no real purpose. I am PROUD to be able to give my baby the best and no one should be made to feel like they have to hide it. It is World Breastfeeding Week. I am going to show my support and hopefully I can encourage even just one mother to feel empowered to breastfeed without fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!