Monday, January 31, 2011

Playroom Disaster

I feel like I can't ever keep up with the housework. I'll get into a period where I'm doing a good job and the house is nice and clean. But after a week or so, I start slacking and the house slowly deteriorates.

I don't know what to do to keep myself motivated to keep up with it. When I get it to how I want it, I think about how easy it will be to maintain. Obviously, like most families, it's the kids who makes the majority of the messes. That is certainly the case in this house. Toys and all the other kids' doodads are literally in every room of the house.

My kids have not been taught enough yet to pick up after themselves. That would be my fault. Most of the time, I do the clean up because I'd rather do it and get it over with than have to coax and bribe the kids to do it. Sometimes, when I have the energy, I have them help or pick up what they got out. But man, is that time and energy consuming!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and put up a picture of the playroom. This was taken at 8pm last night and shows just what our playroom looks like at the end of any typical day.

Is there any wonder I'm tired of cleaning? Or why it would be easier just to do it myself? It would take hours to clean with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!