Monday, June 2, 2014

Enjoying the Weather

Ohio doesn't have many beautiful days so when it does, we make sure to get out and enjoy them. I love the fact that I can shoo the kids out the door when they need to run off some energy or when boredom begins to set in.

I'm glad that they have been adjusting well to country living. Noah just absolutely LOVES it! He could spend all day outside if I let him. He had his first experience with puddles recently and I eventually had to drag him out of there kicking and screaming. After a spring rain, the driveway had plenty of puddles to find and play in and he took right to the wet and dirty mess. Walked up and plop! Sat right in the middle of it. I undressed him and let him have at it.

Swings are also a favorite.

Our little climber.
And when we want to get out of the house, we head to the park. Noah is now at the stage where he is able to climb the playground to the slides and come down on his own. All I have to do is make sure he doesn't jump off any openings in the playground and then catch him at the bottom. My sister and I recently got together with our kids and our niece she was babysitting at the park. The kids had a blast swinging, running, playing, riding scooters, and just being kids.




Those who built the park added in a sledding hill that is perfect for rolling down in the warmer months. Or as we used it for... running up and down to make sure they got out every last ounce of energy. :)







I really hope this 75-80 degree weather holds out for a while longer. This mama is not ready for hot and humid weather without the comfort of an air-conditioned house!

2 comments:

  1. That hill is so cool! My boys would have a blast on that! Your weather sounds great too. I don't really know what Ohio weather is like but it looks beautiful out there! We're already in the triple digits here in Phoenix so we're only going out in the early morning and evenings to avoid the heat. Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We just moved from Sierra Vista, AZ (just north of the border) so I understand your summers. Ohio summer temps are lower but we have HIGH humidity (I hate humidity!).

      Delete

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!