Friday, January 9, 2015

That Time I Started My Own Business

Say what?! I know, I can hardly believe it myself. If you've noticed, I've been quite a lot absent from the ole' blog lately. I've been working hard and keeping busy trying to get it up and off the ground.

Back in 2013, not long before I had Noah, I took the leap to follow my dreams to become a birth doula, postpartum doula, childbirth educator, and lactation consultant. I've been chugging along at a snail's pace to get certified in all four. Something happened some time last fall to give me the kick I needed to jump into working. I spent a whole lot of time and a little bit of money to create a website and get this business going.

My car magnets and business cards. Aren't they beautiful?!

I've been waiting and waiting for "the right time"to launch but realized that time will never come if I don't just jump into it! NOW is the perfect time.

I have such a love of everything pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding related and am 100% convinced that this is the perfect career path for me. I want women to take back birth and own it. They should be able to look back at their labor and birth and feel satisfied and happy.

I created Safe and Sound Doula to serve most of North East Ohio and even parts of Western Pennsylvania.

I have a website:

Safe and Sound Doula

And Facebook:

Safe and Sound Doula

I'm so so so excited to get started and serve expectant families on one of the most important day of their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!