Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bourbon Chicken - AMAZING!

Let me introduce you to my favorite chicken recipe! Chicken is my favorite meat so I like to cook with it often. This is probably one of the only recipes I have found that taste delicious fresh and still tastes as good the next day!

 You're going to need...

  • About two pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into small pieces
  • 1 garlic clove, minced (I used pre minced garlic from a jar (see pic below) and just threw in a bunch.)
  • 1-2 Tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (again, I just threw in the amount I wanted)
  • 1/4 cup apple juice (you could substitute with white grape juice if you don't have apple)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (use if you want thicker sauce)

As you can tell, I don't do a lot of measuring when it comes to seasonings. Liquids I do, but I like to add the amount I think would be good. Doing that, will give you a different flavor every time you make it. :)

  • First, you cube the chicken into small chunks. 
  • Heat oil in pan and cook chicken until lightly browned.
  • Take out the chicken and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until dissolved.







mmm, such a good sauce!
  • Next, add the chicken to the sauce and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. (I discovered that simmering it for an hour increases the flavor and intensity. Also, it made it slightly spicier. Much better simmering for longer!)
  • Serve with white rice.


 OMGosh ya'll, this stuff is AMAZING! If it were up to me, I would make this at least once a week. It has the perfect amount of sweet and spicy.

I'd love to hear if any of you make it, and what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!